Marble is one of the first choices for designing the interior of a building. It in any color adapts to the environment and uses in all kinds of decorations. Also, marble is a wonderful example of the beauty that nature can produce. It’s relatively soft, and that means it is easy to carve and create smooth curves and shapes that would be very difficult in harder tones like granite.
Marbles are used principally for:
- Buildings and monuments,
- Interior decoration(floor and interior). Due to its beauty and splendor, this stone makes the environment brighter and more elegant than it is. In addition, marble in any color adapts to the environment, and you can use them in all kinds of decorations.
- Table tops,
- And novelties.
Advantage of marble:
- High Durability,
- Ease of cleaning,
- Versatility and increased home value,
- Color and appearance are their most important qualities. (Today marbles are available in 100+ colors, pattern, shape, size and design so you have options to choose one for your floor.)
- Resistance to abrasion is important for floor and stair treads.
- Marbles are very soft compare to all natural stone so it is always good to give a better shape and design.
- The ability to transmit light is important for statuary marble.
- Indeed, marble creates a significant shine to your interiors.
Disadvantage of marble:
- It not suitable for cold regions. As we know marbles are low heat resistance stone so its floor getting very cold in winter season.
- Marbles are expensive compared to other natural stone.
- Installing Marble is very time consuming and need skilled labors for its installation.
- Marble need regular cleaning activity to maintain its quality.
- It is very difficult to change/replace marble flooring once installed, as the stone of same color and design is hard to find after few years. You have to maintain some minimal stock while buying the marble tiles.
Some strange and unusual uses of marble:
- Marble is used in the production of frames for some digital products such as iPhones and laptops.
- Some companies use marble to produce eyeglass frames.
- Furthermore, marble powder is used as a component of paints, plastic products, paper and toothpaste.
- And, marble powder is also used in the pharmaceutical industry, as a mild abrasive in cleaning toilets, bathrooms, and kitchens, and remove heavy stains with it.
- Stress treatment
- Migraine treatment
- Improve blood circulation
- Energy Healing
In brief, Marble is one of the first choices for Interior decoration. It in any color adapts to the environment and uses in all kinds of decorations. It has many advantages such as high durability, ease of cleaning, versatility, the ability to transmit light and etc. Even marble has health benefits. There are many colors, pattern, shape, size of it.