Onyx marble is one of the most beautiful decorative stones in the field of construction, has unique features that show its beauty and charm more than ever. Exactly, they are neither marble nor onyx, for true onyx is a banded chalcedony composed largely of silicon dioxide.
Onyx marble deploys thousands of aesthetic possibilities as part of this magnificent collection of natural stones. Nebulae, parallel lines, broken seams and blurred shapes created a universe that recalls the age of the Earth while remaining highly contemporary. Furthermore, the beautiful combination of sand, white, gold colors and desert sands of Onyx marble, call to mind stony fissures that are millions of years old.
Onyx’s lack of opacity is an intriguing feature. Onyx marble is more translucent than marble, making it an excellent choice for lighting or artistic applications such as a backlit wall or surface that creates a glow and highlights the patterns.(Ref.Onyx marble stone: all you need to know before buying this stone).
Uses of Onyx marble:
- Exterior floors,
- Interior floors,
- Porcelain and natural stone for facades,
- Interior Walls,
- Various designs and colors and its polished and shiny surface.
- Easy installation.
- Very low water absorption and high strength and durability.
- High thermal resistance.
- High abrasion, compressive and bending resistance compared to Travertine stone.
- A suitable choice for the interior of the building as flooring and wall covering at a reasonable price.
- The presence of rich and high-quality mines in Iran.
- Onyx marble does not lose its color over a long period of time.
- Low resistance to acid, alkali and erosion.
- Appearance change against climate change.
- Some samples have high water absorption, so they are not suitable for the exterior of buildings and places where there is a lot of water.
- Low resistance compared to granite, so it is recommended to use granite stone in crowded places.